Saturday, May 30, 2009

Couldn't Resist

Yep, I made the rest of the family wait to pick up our Wally's pizza so I could stop in the state store (a busy place at 5:00 on a Friday night; the coin-counting machine was in constant use while I was there) to get some kirsch and brandy.  Then, after our pizza dinner, I whipped up a little "blackjack" digestif.  Kahlua, kirsch, and brandy, served over crushed ice.  

I didn't measure, so maybe my results are a little "off" but I thought it was kind of strong.  Okay, really strong.  Not the kind of drink where you sip it and aren't even sure if there's any alcohol in it.  (Those are my favorite kind of drinks!  I went out with a friend last week and we had a smoothie-type drink which supposedly had alcohol in it, but neither of us could taste it.  We didn't complain.  Though I suppose we could have saved ourselves some money if we'd just asked for a virgin version.)

I was hoping that maybe I would not have a reaction to this drink, since I generally do better with mixed drinks than wine, but no....  Before I even finished my little glass, my ears were red, my feet were hot, and my face was all itchy.  

Sorry, Ibsen, but I'm going to have to give up trying the alcohol references.  Maybe I can find a proxy drinker.  Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment